If you ask your dermatologist which SINGLE ingredient is most beneficial in anti-aging for your skin, the answer will most certainly be retinol. There is not much debate about the benefits of retinol among experts and that is why it is now widely available in some forms in serums and creams without a prescription. The benefits of retinol are what every aging woman desires.
EVER has two amazing retinol containing products, an Overnight Facial oil, and Sublime Retinol Wrinkle Eye Smoother, must-haves in your anti-aging routine!
What is Retinol?
Simply put retinol is a derivative of Vitamin A. It is commonly found in today’s skincare and is available in over the counter products and in the stronger form of retinoids, by prescription. Many know that retinoids can be harsh, but retinol, as found in over the counter products like EVER, is much gentler on the skin, but still can produce amazing results. Most use it regularly without issue. It is considered milder since it must be transformed into an active form once applied to the skin. This means that it may take a bit longer to produce results, however, has less potential for side effects and still can produce similar results.
As you age the time it takes for your skin to turn over, or make new cells slows. Retinol helps to speed that process and give you fresher, smoother looking skin.
Just what are the benefits of retinol?
Four Amazing Benefits of Retinol
1. Diminishes Fine Lines & Wrinkles
Do you even need to hear any other reasons? Retinol promotes the production of collagen and stimulates the production of skin cells. This allows the skin to appear more smooth and firm. It means that all that dull skin that makes those your skin appear dry, dull, and wrinkled gets ousted and the fresh new skin replaces it much sooner than normal. This process does not work the same as we age. The process slows down, resulting in the aged look.
Gentle formulas are made for around the eyes to help smooth crows feet as well.
2. Reduces Hyperpigmentation
Yes, you heard that right – it can fade those dark spots you have or dread. This hyperpigmentation, or dark coloring, comes from sun damage and hormone changes. This can actually decrease the activity of the cells that produce the pigment as well as fade the already existing spots. This is something that comes with use over time. This means that you may also want to apply the retinol to your neck, the backs of your hands and your chest.
3. Improves Acne
As a physician I have prescribed many retinoids for acne – in fact, it is one of the first line recommendations. By helping with skin turnover it helps to keep those pores open and clean, therefore improving acne. It is not an immediate, dramatic difference here, but it will help over time lessen the future development of acne lesions.
4. Shrinks Pores
This goes hand in hand with improvement of acne. By stimulating skin cell turnover and keeping those pores clean they appear smaller. This, in turn, makes your makeup appear smoother as well.
Cautions With Use of Retinol
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding: It is advised that you do NOT use retinol products while pregnant or nursing. It is a bit unclear with topical forms, but we do know that high Vitamin A can cause birth defects and problems in the baby, therefore it is recommended that you avoid these products during that time. Why chance it. Make an adjustment during the time you are pregnant and nursing.
Sensitive Skin: While most often retinol products are very safe, there are some that may be more sensitive to it. Retinol in over the counter products like EVER is more gentle and a good place to start, even if you have reacted to a prescription retinoid. Start every few days and work your way up from there as tolerated. I actually like to use it a couple of times a week.
Application of Retinol
Now that you are eager to try it- how should you actually use it to get the benefits of retinol?
- Apply it at night: This is when it works best since it is broken down with exposure to sunlight. It is not recommended during the day since it basically just will be rendered ineffective, or at least a lot less effective.
- Use a small amount: Really a pea size amount for your entire face should be enough. The more you use the more likely you may be to have irritation. Start small!
- Start with a couple of times per week: This gives you a chance to see how your skin reacts to the Retinol. If you have redness, dryness or irritation – then just back off. You can build up your tolerance and gradually increase the frequency and then if needed the strength. If you feel like you need to increase the strength of your retinol, you should talk to your dermatologist for recommendations as you may need a prescription. They will be able to make the best recommendations for your skin and have proper follow up with you to see your results or make adjustments with any complications.
- Apply to face, neck, & back of the hands: It is not just your face that shows signs of aging. Often these areas are forgotten about. They will be telltale signs of aging. You should use all of your products on your neck.
- Use sunscreen during the day: This recommendation is true no matter what products you use. You should always use sunscreen, any time of year, with any products you use. Many still warn of increased sun sensitivity with retinol, however, it seems like this is likely just a common myth. Regardless, use sunscreen.
Retinol Products From EVER
EVER Skin has two retinol containing products in their skincare line, Sublime and Overnight Facial Oil. They are powerhouses in anti-aging, and will get results that your friends will notice from the benefits of retinol.
Sublime Retinol Eye Wrinkle Smoother
Do your eyes give away the fact that you are a tired mom? I know what it is like – up every couple of hours, a child running in your bed after a bad dream, or sick and you have to stay up to make sure they are still breathing. I swear I haven’t slept in 10 years!
But, you don’t have to let your eyes give away the fact that you were up with kids all night.
Look at these results after just 3 weeks of Sublime:
- 95% said their dark circles were visibly diminished
- 92% felt their eye area was more hydrated
- 84% said the appearance of under-eye puffiness was diminished
Overnight Facial Oil, Cellular Renewal Oil
This “liquid gold” combines the benefits of retinol, with botanical oils, omega-3 fatty acids, and clinically proven tetrapeptide for dramatic results. Use just a few times per week and wake up to skin that is refreshed, hydrated and glowing!
Using the Overnight Facial Oil is like getting a facial at home – no need to go to the spa.
EVER’s Sleep Tight Set
This set includes BOTH of EVER’s retinol containing powerhouses. There is no need to make hard choices when you can get a discount buying the set.
So purchase the Sleep Tight Set or choose your favorite. See full product info, including an ingredient list, reviews and to place an order – head on over to my EVER website.
The EVER Guarantee
EVER wants you to love their products and feels confident that they can deliver you results. If you are not happy, or if EVER is just not for you, you have 45 days to request a refund.
If you have do not know anything about EVER and want to learn more, read my 10 Reasons to Choose EVER. Now you can have more confidence in your beauty products and their safety.
Contact me for any further questions or for personalized skincare recommendations.
Start now to get results you wish you had yesterday!
You can keep up with EVER product launches and specials along with other healthy living tips in my Facebook Group.